Namaste and welcome to Papa Mummy Kitchen!
In this post we’re sharing the recipe for a burfi that you may have never tried before. Typically we tend to prepare Burfis with nuts and dried fruits that have a rather neutral or unilateral taste. That’s because we only like to have a subtle flavor of the ingredient in Burfi.
Apricot is a unique fruit that has a subtle taste of sweet and tart. It is typically available in dried form or fresh. You may choose to use Fresh apricots but they are much harder to find and would also take a little longer to cook as we would need to evaporate as much of its water content as we can in order to ensure that the burfi isn’t soggy.
Alternately, you may also use dried Apricots. Even within the dried Apricots category you may find different varieties in the market. These are available as a whole dried Apricot or in the form of a ball made out of dried Apricot flesh. In today’s video we’ve used these balls to prepare the Burfi, you may choose to use whichever is available to you easily.
Let’s get started!
Apricot Burfi - खुबानी की बर्फ़ी
- 250 gram Apricot (flesh) (खुबानी (कटी हुई) - २५० ग्राम)
- 2 tbsp Desi Ghee (देशी घी - २ चम्मच)
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour (मैदा – १/४ कप)
- 4 tbsp Almonds (chopped) (बादाम (कटी हुई) – २ + २ चम्मच)
- 1 cup Milk powder (मिल्क पाउडर - १ कप)
- 1 cup Sugar (powdered) (चीनी (पीसी हुई) - १ कप)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder (इलाइची पाउडर - १ छोटा चम्मच)
- 2 tbsp Pistachios (chopped) (पिस्ता (कटे हुए) - २ चम्मच )
- Detailed instructions for preparing Apricot Burfi are given in the video below.