Aam ki Launji | कैरी की खट्टी मीठी लोंजी
During Summer season, when Raw Mangoes come to the market, there are a several recipes that we can prepare with Raw Mangoes - such as, pickles, sharbet, and many others. In this post we share the recipe for Kairi (or Aam) ki Launji. Which has a peculiar Sweet and Sour taste to it.In this recipe it is important that Kairi or Raw Mango gets cooked and softened to the right extent and even the Jaggery that is used is cooked for just the right time to ensure that it doesn't get too dark in color. This ensures the perfect blend of tastes!
Servings: 700 Grams
- 400 gram Raw Mango (1 Medium size) कैरी (छीलकर काटी हुई) - १, (४०० ग्राम)
- 2 tsp Desi Ghee (देशी घी - २ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1 tbsp Nigella Sativa (कलोंजी - १ चम्मच)
- 1/4 tbsp Raisins (किशमिश – १/४ चम्मच)
- 1 tsp Salt (नमक - १ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर - १ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1 cup Jaggery (400 gm) (गुड़ - १ कप (४०० ग्राम))
- Follow the detailed instructions shared in the video below
Important points -
- We've prepared this Launji in Desi Ghee - you may choose to prepare the same in Edible Oil (preferably one that doesn't have a strong odor)
- We've not used Water throughout this recipe. If you use water in this recipe then we would advise you to consume this Launji within a week. But if you choose not to use water (as we did) this Launji can be used for upto 2 months (when refrigerated).
Share this recipe on Social Media