Namaste and welcome to Papa Mummy Kitchen!
If you’ve ever wondered “What could taste even better than Pancakes for breakfast?” then today’s post will finally bring you to the answer!
Banana Stick Pancake is a unique recipe that has a crispy outer layer of a fried Pancake and a mushy and soft inner filling of Banana – and to top it all a layer of melted chocolate on top of everything.
We tried this recipe a while back and on the first attempt we weren’t really sure what we were getting ourselves into. We were skeptical if that marginal improvement in the taste would be worth all the added efforts. But once you take the first bite into this dish all your doubts that fall apart. We just couldn’t keep ourselves from having it repeatedly thereafter.
So lets get started!
Banana Stick Pancake
- 3 Banana (केले – ३)
- 1 cup All purpose flour (मैदा - १ कप)
- 3 table spoon Powdered Sugar (चीनी (पीसी हुई) - ३ चम्मच)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda (बेकिंग सोडा – १/२ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1 tsp Baking powder (बेकिंग पाउडर - १ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1 table spoon Curd/ Yogurt (दही - १ चम्मच)
- 1 pinch Salt (नमक - १ चुटकी)
- till right consistency Milk (दूध - सही गाढापन आने तक)
- 5 drops Vanilla essence (वैनिला एसेंस - ४ से ५ बूंद)
- 2 table spoon Desi Ghee (देशी घी - २ चम्मच)
- to deep fry Edible Oil (खाद्य तेल - तलने के अनुसार)
- 150 gm Chocolate (चॉकलेट - १५० ग्राम)
- Detailed step-by-step instructions for preparing Banana Stick Pancakes are shown in the video below.
- When applying the pancake batter on frozen Banana sticks its always advisable to pour the batter into a glass and then dip the banana sticks into it. This will ensure that there's a uniform and thorough application of the batter onto the stick. This, when fried, will look perfect!
- Always fry this dish on a medium flame or temperature.