Gulab Jamun is undeniably one of the most loved sweets or desserts in the Indian cuisine. It’s prepared in a variety of ways across different parts of the country. While it is relatively easier to make, it often can be quite time consuming. This is primarily because one of the main ingredients in a traditional Gulab Jamun is Mawa which essentially is condensed semi-solid form of Milk. Preparing white Mawa can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes.
One might be forced to wonder, if we’re using bread to prepare Gulab Jamun then why can’t we directly use Maida (All purpose flour)? We’ll that’s primarily because bread has all the ingredients in it that make it fluffy and porous. So when you use bread to prepare Gulab Jamun, you’re basically incorporating all the ingredients from bread that would in-turn help in making your Gulab Jamun soft.
So, let’s start!
Bread Gulab Jamun Recipe | ब्रेड गुलाब जामुन रेसिपी
- 8 Slices Bread (ब्रेड - ८ स्लाइस)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder (इलाइची पाउडर – १/२ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1/4 cup Milk powder (मिल्क पाउडर – १/४ कप)
- 1 tbsp Desi Ghee (देशी घी - १ चम्मच)
- to deep fry Desi Ghee (देशी घी - तलने के अनुसार)
- 1.5 cup Sugar (चीनी - १.५ कप)
- 3 pinch Saffron (केसर - १ + २ चुटकी)
- 3 Almonds (chopped) (बादाम - २ से ३ (कटी हुई))
- 10 Pistachios (chopped) (पिस्ता - ८ से १० (कटे हुए))
- Please watch the video for detailed instructions