Ever had the craving for something savoury or Chatpata? The first thing that comes to our mind when we think of this is Tamarind and Churan. The recipe that we’ve shared in this video is the perfect way to satiate that craving. Brought to you straight from the gullies of Jodhpur, Rajasthn (India).
Ghataghat Fatafat Digestive Pills | घटाघट (फ़टाफ़ट) की गोली
In this simple recipe you'll learn to prepare a savoury Tamarind candy that is delicious and great for digestions! So, let's start!
Servings: 30 candies
- 3 tbsp Cumin Seeds (जीरा - ३ चम्मच)
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper (काली मिर्च - १ चम्मच)
- 1/4 cup Tamarind (seedless) (इमली (बिना बीज) – १/४ कप)
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate (dried) (अनारा दाना (सूखा) – १/४ कप)
- 1.5 cup Sugar (powdered) (चीनी (पीसी हुई) - १.५ कप)
- 1 tbsp Salt (नमक - १ चम्मच)
- 1 tbsp Black Salt (काला नमक - १ चम्मच)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (हींग – १/४ छोटा चम्मच)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice (निम्बू का रस - २ चम्मच)
Important tips for this recipe -
1. It is crucial to roast Cumin seeds and Black Pepper. Doing so would minimize the moisture content in them and as a result the recipe will last as long as 1 year.
2. Do not grind Black Pepper and Cumin seeds along with Tamarind and Pomegranate. Grind them separately and then mix the same with ground Tamarind and Pomegranate at a later stage. This is primarily to ensure that all the ingredients grind well.
3. As and when you prepare a fresh ball of GhataGhat keep adding it to the bowl of powdered sugar. Doing so would ensure that they do not stick to each other. If you keep them aside and add them together into the powdered sugar there is a high probability that they'll all stick together.
4. We've added 2 table spoon of Lemon Juice into this recipe. You may choose to vary the amount of Lemon Juice in order to ensure that your dough is of the same texture as shown in the video.
And as always, Happy Cooking! 🙂
Share this recipe on Social Media