Palak Tamatar ki Sabji | पालक टमाटर की सब्जी
In this post we share the recipe for delicious, healthy and nutritious Spinach Tomato Sabzi (or Palak Tamatar ki Sabzi)We've commonly observed that a lot of people, while preparing Palak Tamatar Sabzi, tend to over-cook the Spinach to the extent that a bunch of nutrients are lost and there's also a palpable difference in the taste of the recipe. The method that we follow in this recipe ensures that we maintain as much water (and nutrients) in the green vegetable, while also ensuring that the texture of the sabzi is perfectly maintained.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 bunch Spinach (chopped) (पालक (कटा हुआ) - १ बन्च)
- 1/2 bunch Spring Onion (chopped) (हरा प्याज (कटा हुआ) – १/२ बन्च)
- 1 tbsp Desi Ghee (देशी घी - १ चम्मच)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (हींग – १/४ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1 Green Chilli (chopped) (हरी मिर्च - १, कटी हुई)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped) (टमाटर - २, कटे हुए)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर – १/४ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (नमक – १/२ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर – १/२ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1 tsp Cumin (roasted & powdered) (जीरा (भूनकर पीसा हुआ) - १ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder (लहसुन पाउडर – १/४ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder (अदरक पाउडर – १/४ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves (धनिया – १/४ कप)
- Follow the detailed step-by-step explanation of the recipe given in the video below
Important point to observe: We added the green vegetables right at the end and cooked them just enough to soften them a little - while ensuring that they do not lose their moisture or water content. Doing so ensures that the nutrients are maintained in them. Serving:
- It is always advisable to serve this dish immediately upon cooking it. It is best served hot!
- Traditionally, this dish is served on top of chapati or Roti. This way the Roti softens ever-so-slightly under the moist warmth of this sabzi and absorbs the flavors even more. You'll love it!