If you’re someone who enjoy’s the delicious and mouth-watering tastes of an Indian Khau Gali (food-street) then you probably already know about Dal Pakwan – one of the most famous street-food especially in northern India.
Indian Khau Gali is known for its spicy and chatpata taste that is all too capable of making your mouth (and then eyes) water each time. Some of the famous chaats that you may Dahi Puri, Ragda Pattice and may more. You’ll find the recipes for each of these dishes on our website. Just hit the search button on the top right and search for any recipe you need.
Dal Pakwan is known to be an authentic Sindhi recipe that has now made its way to mainstream food across different parts of the country. It basically consists of:
- Pakwan (fried, crispy chip that is usually rolled to the size of a Roti (Indian bread))
- Dal – a dip made primarily of split Chickpeas with a few authentic Indian spices.
- Along with the Dal are a bunch of sides that give a chatpata taste to the recipe
- Coriander Chutney (spicy)
- Tamarind Chutney (sweet & sour)
- Chopped Onions (because Onions can make any Chaat super-tempting)
- Chopped Tomatoes (for the fresh and juicy nuggets of taste)
While it is a common recipe in India these days there have been several deviations from the authentic taste to better suit the pallets of the local community. Each of these deviations make the recipe all the more tempting.
In this video we share the recipe for Dal Pakwan in its most authentic form with all the perfect proportions and ingredients that will make your mouth water and crave for more and more!
Sindhi Dal Pakwan Recipe | सिंधी दाल पकवान
- 1 cup Split Chickpeas (चना दाल - १ कप)
- 1 tsp Salt (नमक – १/२ +१/२ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर – १/४ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1 cup All purpose flour (मैदा - १ कप)
- To deep fry Edible Oil (खाद्य तेल - २+१ चम्मच + तलने के अनुसार)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (हींग – १/४ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin (जीरा – १/२ छोटा चम्मच)
- 6 leaves Curry Leaf (कढी पत्ता - ५ से ७ पत्ते)
- 2 Green Chilli (chopped) (हरी मिर्च - २, कटी हुई)
- 1 Red Chilli (whole) (लाल मिर्च - १, साबुत)
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर – १/४ छोटा चम्मच)
- 1/4 tsp Coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर – १/४ छोटा चम्मच)
- Coriander leaves (धनिया के पत्ते)
- Coriander Chutney (धनिया की चटनी)
- Tamarind Chutney (इमली की चटनी)
- Tomatoes (finely chopped) (टमाटर (कटे हुए))
- Onion (finely chopped) (प्याज (कटे हुए))
- Follow the detailed step-by-step instructions shared in the video below