Tomato Powder - टमाटर का पाउडर
Tomato forms one of the most crucial ingredients in a variety of dishes across several cuisines. During Tomato season you can choose to preserve it either in the form of Puree or Ketchup or in a powdered form. When we preserve it in the form of Tomato puree or ketchup then it is essential to add some kind of a preservative to it for long-storage. But if Tomatoes are stored in a powdered form we do not need to add any preservatives to it, as it is in a dry form (absence of water ensures longer shelf life).Storage : The amount of Puree or Ketchup that you may prepare with 1 kg of Tomatoes would require lot more space to store as compared to that required for storing powdered Tomatoes. Usage : The taste that 1 cup of Tomato Puree or Ketchup would add to your recipe is the same as that you can get with using just 1 table spoon of Tomato powder. Which means it is optimal to store and use several Kilos of Tomatoes.Time taken to dry Tomatoes - 5 days (approximately)
Servings: 100 gram
- 1 kg Tomatoes (टमाटर)
- to grind Salt (नमक - यदी पीसने के वक्त जरूरत लगे तो )
- Follow the instructions given in the video to prepare Tomato powder
- Store this Tomato in a clean and dry Glass or Food-Grade-Plastic bottle with an air-tight seal/lid/cap.
- If using a spoon to take out some of the powder from the bottle, always ensure that you spoon is clean and dry.
- Following these two precautions will ensure that your powder will easily last upto 1 year.
- This powder can be used in any recipe where Tomatoes are used
- Can be used as a seasoning on Chips/ Pop-corns/ French Fries, etc
- Instant Tomato Soup can be prepared within minutes using this powder
- In several Masalas (such as Maggie Masala) Tomatoes can be added only in a dried form. For such Masalas, Tomato powder is the ideal solution.
Share this recipe on Social Media