Kalakand Burfi | कलाकंद की बर्फ़ी
Kalakand is a traditional Indian sweet originating from Alwar, Rajasthan. It is prepared primarily using Milk. In the video below we share the recipe for preparing Kalakand Barfi at home in a simple manner.
Servings: 10 Burfi
- 1 Cup Cheese Curds (दूध का छेना)
- to grease Desi Ghee (देशी घी)
- 1 liter Milk (दूध)
- 1/2 cup Sugar (चीनी)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder (इलाइची पाउडर)
- to garnish Pistachios (chopped) पिस्ता (कटे हुए)
- Follow the instructions detailed in the video below to prepare this recipe
- In order to ensure a pure white Kalakand ensure that while heating the Milk you're continuously stirring it. This way you'll prevent it from sticking to the walls of the vessel and darkening in color.
- Add Sugar right at the end of the heating process. If you add Sugar at an earlier stage and allow it to cook with the Chenna then you may risk darkening your Kalakand and thereby the Burfi.